create and Share art for fun and prizes!
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
As the world suddenly finds extra time on its hands, artists are rising up and filling the void by doing what they were created to do - CREATE! At ARTS ALIVE!, we believe that all people are made in the image of the Creator and are called to create for His glory. So, in whatever corner of the world you may be -
We challenge you to join the fray and create some praiseworthy art that highlights the beauty and hope in the world around us! Each Tuesday, we will give you a creative prompt and ask you to take it from there. Post your art (whether it is a video, painting, poem, dance, song, etc) with the hashtag #projectpraiseworthy by midnight each Monday night.
We will announce our favorites and award prizes each Tuesday (on both our website and social media) - followed by a new prompt for the next week!
OFFICIAL RULES / CRITERIA
- To be considered for awards and recognition, art must be posted on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #projectpraiseworthy by midnight each Sunday. (If necessary, art may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the same deadline)
- All art forms and media are permissible (written word, visual art, music, dance, film, etc), but you must be able to share your art digitally to be considered
- All film/video projects and video presentations of other artforms must be no more than 10 minutes in length
- Written compositions should be no more than 1000 words, but may be an excerpt from a larger work
- Submissions will be judged for excellence as well as for how well they embody the weekly prompt and the spirit of Phillipians 4:8 - "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Although Arts Alive is a Christian organization (see our statement of faith), artwork does not necessarily need to be based on the same worldview, as long as it presents positive ideas in accord with Phillipians 4:8.
- Decisions of our judges will be final. Weekly winners will be announce on the artsaliveky.com website, as well as our social media channels.
- Art may be either individual work or group projects (family collaborations are encouraged!). All submissions must be the original work and property of the person(s) posting.
- Prizes will vary week to week. If you are interested in sponsoring or providing any prizes for the challenge, please contact us at email@example.com